
Here's how Jordan's royal wedding will reverberate across the region and beyond
Jordan is set to host its biggest royal wedding in years as the country’s young Crown Prince Hussein exchanges vows with a daughter of one of Saudi Arabia’s wealthiest and most influential families
2023-06-01 04:22

20 of the best Harvard University courses you can take online for free
TL;DR: There is a wide range of free online courses from Harvard University on edX.
2023-05-09 12:26

Montana becomes first US state to ban TikTok
Montana on Wednesday became the first US state to ban TikTok, with the law set to take effect next year as debate escalates over the impact and...
2023-05-18 07:58

Get Moving: How to Make Your Windows PC Boot Faster
Computers have come a long way since the beige boxes of old, but even with
2023-06-16 03:51

Egypt Tourism Chief Shrugs Off War Impact With New Hotel Plans
Egypt’s tourism chief said the industry looks set to ride out the shockwaves of the Israel-Hamas war as
2023-11-29 16:58

Dangerous and degrading: pit toilets blight S.Africa schools
Schools across rural South Africa have perilous and degrading pit latrines -- a heritage of the apartheid era that campaigners say...
2023-07-05 13:55

Save $20 on a lifetime plan to this stock screening app
TL;DR: As of October 7, get $20 off a Tykr Stock Screener Premium Plan Lifetime
2023-10-07 17:20

China to Be World’s Top Wheat Buyer With Australia Key Supplier
Add wheat to the extensive list of commodities markets dominated by Chinese buyers. Already the world’s top importer
2023-06-21 10:54

The best early Prime Day 2023 tool deals: Power tools, gardening gear, and more
Your toolbox looking like it needs a little refresher? Here are the best deals on
2023-06-24 04:46

FIA boss outlines aspirations for future of F1: ‘More teams, less races’
FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem insists Formula 1 needs less races ahead of a record-breaking 2024 season – but more teams in wake of Andretti’s bid to become the 11th team on the grid. US-based Andretti, owned by Michael Andretti – the son of 1978 F1 world champion Mario, were the only prospective new team approved by the FIA to be a new outfit in F1 with the matter now in the hands of FOM (Formula One Management). Ben Sulayem, who took over as FIA chief at the start of last year and has caused controversy for his comments in relation to commercial rights holder F1 in the past, believes the sport should be looking to expand and says his “dream” is for 12 teams, the maximum amount currently allowed. “Saying no to a team which has been approved by the FIA [i.e. Andretti] – it’s very hard,” Ben Sulayem told Reuters. “The FIA should be asking, begging, OEMs (original equipment manufacturers) to come in. We should not just say no to them. “If you say: ‘What is my dream?’ It is to fill up the 12 [team slots] and to have one US team from an OEM and a [power unit] and a driver from there. And then go to China maybe and ask for the same thing and do it.” The current viewpoint within F1 towards a new team is believed to be lukewarm at best, due to financial concerns, though a thorough analysis will be undertaken. F1 will hold a record-breaking 24 races next season – up from 22 this year – with China and Imola returning after their cancellations in 2022. One issue mooted with more teams in the paddock has been space at traditional, older tracks like Zandvoort, but Ben Sulayem pointed towards the accommodation of Brad Pitt’s fictional Apex team for the F1-based Hollywood movie on the grid at times this season. “We are allowed to have 12 teams,” he added. “Some of the teams said ‘Oh, it will be crowded’. Really? We are already running a Hollywood team with us. “The circuits are supposed to have enough garages and space for 12 teams. I think the number of races is too much [rather] than the number of teams. We need more teams and fewer races. “The teams are looking at the piece of cake. I understand their worries but our worries are different.” Read More Aston Martin boss urges F1 to stick to 10 teams Andretti F1 team entry bid accepted by FIA What Lewis Hamilton’s clash with George Russell tells us about state of play at Mercedes F1 reveal unique Las Vegas GP schedule and ‘opening ceremony’ plans Lance Stroll ‘may have contravened FIA rules’ during furious outburst in Qatar F1 driver Esteban Ocon vomited in his helmet during ‘horrible’ Qatar Grand Prix
2023-10-12 17:19

How can Max Verstappen win 2023 world championship in Qatar?
Max Verstappen only needs to finish in the top six in the Saturday sprint race at the Qatar Grand Prix to secure the 2023 F1 drivers’ title. The Red Bull driver has dominated this season, winning 13 of the 16 races as well as two of the three sprints. PREVIEW: How Qatar plans to make F1 grand prix their ‘new World Cup’ He most recently won in Japan, having previously failed to finish on the podium for the first time in 2023 after a mysterious drop in performance in Singapore. Nonetheless, Verstappen’s current total of 400 points puts him 177 points clear of team-mate Sergio Perez with 180 points left on the table. Here’s how Verstappen can secure title No 3 in Qatar: How can Max Verstappen win 2023 F1 world championship? It’s quite simple – Verstappen only needs three more points between now and the end of the season in Abu Dhabi. Recent history suggests that will come in the next race, which is the Saturday sprint race (100km dash) around the Lusail International Circuit in Qatar. As a result, Verstappen only needs to finish sixth or higher – regardless of where Perez finishes – to secure his third-straight world title. Though an unlikely set of circumstances, a seventh-place finish would be enough if Perez comes second, while eighth would also secure the title if Perez finishes third. Verstappen could secure the world title without scoring in the points, too. If Perez finishes fourth or lower in the sprint race, Verstappen will be the champion regardless of where he finishes. If Perez wins the sprint and Verstappen fails to score a point (top eight-finish), then Verstappen would still be crowned champion if he finishes eighth or higher during Sunday’s Qatar Grand Prix. Verstappen will leave Qatar as the champion if he has a points advantage of 146 points or more. What are the timings for the Qatar Grand Prix? The next race weekend of the 2023 season, the Qatar Grand Prix, takes place from Friday 6 October – Sunday 8 October as F1 returns to Lusail for the first time since the inaugural race in 2021. The schedule is as follows: first practice takes place at 2:30pm (BST) on Friday before qualifying for Sunday’s grand prix at 6pm. On Saturday, the sprint shootout which determines the grid for the sprint race takes place at 2pm before the sprint race itself at 6:30pm (BST). The 2023 Qatar Grand Prix on Sunday starts at 6pm (BST). Read More Adrian Newey reveals ‘emotional’ Ferrari and Lewis Hamilton regret Christian Horner admits ‘keeping an eye’ on Lando Norris amid Red Bull link Christian Horner reveals Max Verstappen ambition ahead of Japan victory Piastri takes first F1 pole for Qatar sprint as Verstappen starts third What is a sprint race in F1 and how does new qualifying shootout work? F1 Qatar Grand Prix LIVE: Sprint race updates and times at Lusail
2023-10-07 23:20

Supermodel Linda Evangelista accuses ex-husband Gerald Marie of abuse
Supermodel Linda Evangelista has claimed she was abused by her ex-husband, French former modelling agent Gerald Marie. Evangelista, 58, was married to Marie from 1987 until 1993, during his time as head of the European division of Elite Models. In an interview for a new Apple TV+ documentary, The Super Models, Evangelista described her five-year marriage to Marie as an “abusive relationship”. “It’s easier said than done to leave an abusive relationship,” she said in the programme released on Wednesday 20 September. “I understand that concept, because I lived it. If it was just a matter of saying, ‘I want a divorce, see ya’... it doesn’t work that way.” She added: “He knew not to touch my face, not to touch the money-maker, you know?” The Independent has contacted representatives of Marie for comment. In a statement provided to Apple TV+, and obtained by The Telegraph, the 73-year-old denied the abuse allegations, and said he “has never committed the slightest act of violence”. Marie was accused of rape and sexual assault by multiple women during the 1980s and 1990s. He denied all of the allegations. In 2021, French prosecutors decided to close their investigation since the allegations exceeded the country’s statute of limitations for reporting sex crimes. Read More ‘I had to endure the abuse in order to continue working’: Ex-model Carré Sutton accuses former agency boss of sexual assault Former model ‘raped by Linda Evangelista’s ex’ says fashion industry ‘complicit’ in widespread abuse Cindy Crawford calls out Oprah Winfrey for treating her like ‘chattel’ in old interview: ‘Seen and not heard’
2023-09-21 01:28
You Might Like...

Briton bemused after failing to find ‘vino’ at Rugby World Cup stadium in France

Best robot kits for the STEM-obsessed

21 Of The Best Wedge Sandals Under $50 On Amazon

Why do I get sick when I go on holiday?

Alien Species Threaten Food Supply, Public Health And Cost $423 Billion

Traders Spurn Thailand’s $15 Billion Handout in Test for Srettha

Relieve muscle tension and save money with up to 25% off theraguns

Introducing the World's First Modular Cat Tree: PETLIBRO INFINITY Brings Endless Joy