
Corsair MP600 Core XT Review
Corsair's MP600 Core XT ($114.99 for 2TB as tested) is an internal SSD with midrange
2023-05-10 10:23

Chinese takeaway goes viral for savage responses to customers
The owner of a Chinese takeaway has become an internet icon for her fiery responses to disgruntled customers. Alice Cheung, the boss of Oriental Express restaurant in Pudsey, West Yorkshire has garnered 149 reviews on Just Eat – and she’s made a point of personally replying to every negative one. While most customers award the eatery five or six stars, Cheung refuses to pander to the complaints of some of the “sillier” reviews, she told Leeds Live. So when one woman complained that the food was “terrible”, she was having none of it. Sign up to our new free Indy100 weekly newsletter “You ordered a Vegetarian Munch Box and then called the shop to complain there was no MEAT in it,” Cheung wrote back. “We sent what you ordered and there was nothing wrong with it. The bad review is to cover your error,” she continued, before ending the response: “Please do not call again.” Another reviewer moaned that her meal was “not good, soggy and old” and that she “threw most of it away,” before condemning it for being much more expensive than her regular takeaway. Cheung, or rather Oriental Express, replied: “I suggest you stay with the other takeaway and take your false review with you.” Responding to a one-star reviewer, whose full comment has been deleted, Cheung wrote: “What sort of idiot orders ‘Salt & Pepper Chicken’ and then complains it has salt in it, our delivery record shows it was NOT late and it was NOT cold. “A fake review and derogatory too. Take your foul mouth and business somewhere else.” Another critic – who offered the restaurant a similarly measly two stars out of six – said her meal had been “totally ruined” by “small pieces of battered dry chicken mixed in with battered prawns.” The furious response read: “Will you please open your eyes and read the descriptions, you ordered the ‘Special sweet and sour’ which contains king prawns. You got what you ordered so how is this our fault? “The food was fresh and perfectly cooked. We are good but mind reading the stupid is not one of our skills.” Another two-star reviewer failed to write a justification for his low score. So Cheung replied sardonically: “Thank you Kyle, whay? Too much food, too hot, too tasty, delivered too quickly?” Speaking to Leeds Live, Cheung defended her tough tactics: “If you’re writing a review just be honest about the situation,” she said. "If we messed up, we’ll reply seriously. If not, expect some banter.” Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings.
2023-07-20 22:47

A Week In Brooklyn, NY, On A $35,000 Salary
Welcome to Money Diaries where we are tackling the ever-present taboo that is money. We’re asking real people how they spend their hard-earned money during a seven-day period — and we’re tracking every last dollar.
2023-08-11 23:53

Gemma Atkinson and Gorka Marquez share newborn son’s sweet name and first photo
Gemma Atkinson has announced the name of her second child with Gorka Marquez as she shared the first picture of the infant. The couple, who met when the former Emmerdale star took part in BBC reality show Strictly Come Dancing in 2017, welcomed their first child earlier this week. In her original post, Atkinson, 38, shared that she had given birth to a boy, with the pair spending a joyous week together before Spanish dancer Marquez, 32, heads off to rehearsal for the new series of Strictly. On Saturday (22 July), Atkinson shared her first photo of her baby son sleeping in his cot in a blue t-shirt. She confirmed his name in the comment section, writing: “Thiago Thomas Marquez [heart emoji]. Our family is complete.” Atkinson and Marquez’s fellow Strictly stars flooded the comment section with support, with pro Oti Mabuse calling the picture “beautiful”. It Takes Two host Janette Manrara commented: “Look at him! CONGRATULATIONS GUYS!” Dianne Buswell said that Thiago was a “mini” version of his father, while Karen Hauer wrote: “Oh the most beautiful little one. Felicidades.” The couple, who already share a three-year-old daughter, Mia, were not partnered up on Strictly in 2017, but started dating after the series finished. Atkinson gave birth to Mia in 2019, during which she he needed an emergency c-section and suffered a haemorrhage after the birth, losing nearly a litre of blood. Following the experience she said she was initially “adamant” that she and Marquez would not want another child. Appearing on Steph’s Packed Lunch last year, she recalled: “All these things were going through my mind, what did I do that caused all that to happen? I was telling myself for weeks and weeks I’d failed at childbirth. “I was having horrible dreams that someone was going to take Mia from me. I remember my mum running into my bedroom and I was sat up screaming, sweating.” Marquez will appear as a professional dancer on the forthcoming series of Strictly Come Dancing, which kicks off in September. One fan favourite pro who won’t be taking part this year, however, is Amy Dowden, following her breast cancer diagnosis. The Welsh dancer, 32, told fans she’d been diagnosed with breast cancer in May and underwent a full mastectomy to treat the disease shortly after. Dowden had shared ambitions to compete on the dancing competition this year, saying that only chemotherapy would affect whether she’d compete on this year’s Strictly. However, on Friday (21 July), Dowden shared that she would be needing to have chemo after more tumours were discovered following her mastectomy. “They found another type of cancer and then they told me I needed chemo – for me that was a massive blow,” she said. “It wasn’t in the plan, originally – and I know the plan you can’t get fixated on. “This year, it means I’m not going to be able to dance with a celebrity on Strictly, but I’m in such regular contact with the team – the BBC have just been utterly incredible,” she said. Read More Fans defend Prince Harry and Meghan Markle amid breakup rumours Tim Shaddock rescue: Ben Fogle offers to pay for Australian sailor and dog to be reunited after emotional separation Father sparks outrage for calling son ‘spoiled’ after 23-year-old said he can’t throw wedding for under $7,000 Gemma Atkinson announces birth of second baby in heartwarming Instagram post Myleene Klass says she’s ‘changed history’ as government pledge miscarriage support Researchers warn after 25 types of toxic flame retardant found in human breast milk
2023-07-23 22:26

Get 2 months of Kindle Unlimited for free
TL;DR: A two-month subscription to Kindle Unlimited is available for free, saving you £18.98 on
2023-10-21 12:26

Sunak says UK police independent after coronation arrests
UK Prime Minister Rishi Sunak insisted on Tuesday that the country's police forces were "operationally independent", after a backlash about the arrest of anti-monarchists before they could...
2023-05-09 21:58

Need sex help? Try this AI sex coach.
In case you haven't heard, sex education in the U.S. is in dire straits. A
2023-09-22 18:54

Lawsuit filed over farcical start to Las Vegas Grand Prix
Organisers of the Las Vegas Grand Prix are facing a class action lawsuit following the farcical start to this weekend’s race on the strip. Formula One sold the sport’s Sin City comeback after four decades away as the greatest show on Earth. But fans witnessed just eight minutes of practice on Thursday after a drain cover broke free and tore a hole into the underbelly of Carlos Sainz’s Ferrari. The second running was delayed by two-and-a-half hours, and took place in front of vacant grandstands as furious fans were ejected to comply with local employment laws. Practice finished at 4am on Friday morning. Spectators who held a 200 US dollar (£160) general admission ticket for Thursday’s two practice sessions have since been offered a voucher for the same amount to be redeemed on merchandise. But those in attendance on a three-day pass – the cheapest of which is 500 US dollars (£400) – will not receive any compensation. On Friday, Nevada-based Dimopoulos Law Firm and co-counsel JK Legal & Consulting filed a lawsuit with the Nevada District Court seeking damages for the 35,000 paying spectators. “We will vindicate the rights of the fans that travelled great distances and paid small fortunes to attend, but were deprived of the experience,” said Dimopoulos Law Firm owner Steve Dimopoulos in a statement. A spokesperson for Las Vegas Grand Prix said: “We cannot comment on the litigation. “Our focus is on ensuring that our fans have an entertaining experience in a safe and secure environment which is always our top priority.” Earlier, F1 chief executive Stefano Domenicali stopped short of issuing an apology in a 650-word joint statement with CEO of the Las Vegas race, Renee Wilm. “We have all been to events, like concerts, games and even other Formula One races, that have been cancelled because of factors like weather or technical issues,” they said. “It happens, and we hope people will understand.” The maiden race on the Las Vegas strip gets underway at 10pm local time on Saturday (6am GMT on Sunday). Read More Toto Wolff fuelled by ‘personal anger’ to help Lewis Hamilton win eighth title On this day in 2010: Sebastian Vettel becomes youngest ever F1 world champion What Charles Leclerc needs to claim victory from pole in first Las Vegas Grand Prix What Charles Leclerc needs to claim victory from pole in first Las Vegas Grand Prix F1 2023 season race schedule: When is the Las Vegas Grand Prix? Verstappen criticises Vegas GP: ‘Monaco is Champions League, this is National League’
2023-11-19 09:29

R29-Favorite Wellness Brand Maude Just Launched A Sex Toy For Couples
We firmly believe in the mantra “sharing is caring.” Not only does it teach cooperation and selflessness, but the practice of giving a little to get a little helps distribute pleasure all around. And when it comes to distributing (and, yes, sharing) pleasure, nothing gets the job done quite like a couples sex toy. That’s why we are thrilled to announce that Tuesday, September 12, marks the release of sexual wellness brand Maude’s first sharable sex toy.
2023-09-12 23:17

Socialize, exercise and eat your vegetables: The Mediterranean lifestyle helping people live longer
Scientists have found more evidence to suggest that leading a Mediterranean lifestyle could be key to living a longer and healthier life. People who follow a Med lifestyle – including making time for socialising; resting; physical activity and eating a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and whole grains with low sugar and salt intake – are less likely to die prematurely or die from cancer. And those who get plenty of rest, exercise and make time to socialise with friends are less likely to die as a result of a heart attack or stroke. The new study examined data on 110,799 adults taking part in the UK Biobank study. People aged 45 to 70 from England, Wales and Scotland provided detailed information about their diet and lifestyle habits. The researchers, led by academics from La Universidad Autonoma de Madrid in Spain and Harvard TH Chan School of Public Health in the US, examined information ON Mediterranean food consumption; Mediterranean dietary habits – such as limiting salt and consuming healthy drinks – and lifestyle habits including taking regular naps, exercising, and spending time with friends. Higher total scores in these categories indicated a higher adherence to the Mediterranean lifestyle, the authors said. People involved in the study were tracked for nine years. Some 4,247 people died including 2,401 from cancer and 731 from cardiovascular disease, which includes heart attacks and strokes. Researchers found that people who followed a Mediterranean lifestyle were 29% less likely to die compared to their peers who did not follow this lifestyle. They were also 28% less likely to die from cancer, according to the study, which has been published in the journal Mayo Clinic Proceedings. And people who got plenty of rest and exercise, while also making time to socialise with friends, were also less likely to die from cardiovascular disease. “This study suggests that it’s possible for non-Mediterranean populations to adopt the Mediterranean diet using locally available products and to adopt the overall Mediterranean lifestyle within their own cultural contexts,” said lead author Mercedes Sotos Prieto, from La Universidad Autonoma de Madrid and Harvard Chan School. “We’re seeing the transferability of the lifestyle and its positive effects on health.” Read More Meghan’s got one. Gwynnie, too. But should YOU get a stress-busting wrist patch? How parents can support their children on GCSE and A-level results day A-Level results: How to be the emotional support your teen really needs
2023-08-18 23:47

Disgraced former entertainer Rolf Harris has died- UK's PA Media
LONDON Rolf Harris, a mainstay of family entertainment in Britain and Australia for more than 50 years before
2023-05-23 20:26

'Call of Duty' adds Nicki Minaj, Snoop Dogg, and 21 Savage as playable characters
Call of Duty is adding Nicki Minaj, Snoop Dogg, and 21 Savage as playable characters.
2023-07-28 16:48
You Might Like...

London celebrates its 'fearless' young fashion designers

XO, Kitty Has All The Charm Of To All The Boys — But It Digs Deeper

You've got to see Webb telescope's eerie view of the Crab Nebula

Three British nationals missing after boat caught fire in Red Sea are dead, tour operator says

El Super to Open Wednesday, July 26 in Southeast Las Vegas

Unblock Hulu for free with this simple hack

Amazon Eliminates Jobs in Music Division in New Round of Cuts

The JBL 1300 soundbar is actually multiple speakers in one