
Key dates in the Jeffrey Epstein scandal
US megabank JPMorgan Chase has agreed to pay $290 million to settle a class action lawsuit brought by sex trafficking victims of disgraced financier Jeffrey...
2023-06-13 01:58

Tech billionaires are buying up land in San Francisco to build their own utopia
For years, a little-known company by the name of Flannery Associates has been buying up
2023-08-27 02:55

I matched with a friend on a dating app. What do I do?
Dating apps can be the wild, wild west. Dodging ghosters and scammers can be exhausting.
2023-10-17 18:15

This Google AI keynote could have been a Gmail
Even a company as mighty as Google, and even a technology with as much potential
2023-05-11 13:22

Netflix Pulls Lowest-Priced Ad-Free Plan in the US and UK
Netflix Inc., which reports second-quarter financial results Wednesday after markets close in the US, stopped offering its lowest-priced
2023-07-20 00:59

New York Times Columnist David Brooks' $78 Airport Meal Is Remarkable
New York Times columnist David Brooks' $78 airport meal is fantastic.
2023-09-21 21:24

Michel Roux Jr announces closure of renowned restaurant Le Gavroche to have ‘better work/life balance’
Chef Michel Roux Jr has announced that he will be closing Le Gavroche, his two Michelin-starred restaurant, after 56 years. The former Masterchef: The Professionals judge said the decision had been made so he could spend “more time with his family”. Le Gavroche, located in Mayfair, central London, was opened in 1967 by French restaurateur brothers Albert and Michel Roux Sr. At the time it was the only French restaurant of its kind in London, offering classical French food and the highest standards of cooking and service. Roux Jr, son of Albert Roux, has run the restaurant since 1991, earning two Michelin stars – one of the most prestigious accolades in the restaurant business. Other celebrity chefs including Gordon Ramsay and Marco Pierre White have “earned their stripes” at Le Gavroche, according to the restaurant’s website. In a lengthy Instagram post announcing the closure on Friday (18 August), Roux Jr announced the restaurant would be closing in January 2024. The chef, 63, said he had “very mixed emotions” about the decision to close, but that the restaurant’s name would “live on”. “This decision has not been made lightly,” Roux Jr wrote. “Le Gavroche means so much, not just to myself and the Roux family, but to the wider Gavroche team and you, our guests, who have become our family over so many years. “I have always felt that should Le Gavroche ever close, it must be on a high. Le Gavroche continues to be fully booked, week in, week out, but I have known for a while that I must make time for a better work/life balance, so I can spend more time with my family and on my other business ventures.” Roux Jr added that a series of “celebratory dinners”, starting in November, would be held until the restaurant’s closure. “This is not the end of Le Gavroche – the restaurant may be closing, but the name will live on,” he said. “I could not be more grateful for the restaurant team, who have loved the restaurant as if it were their own. “The entire team both past and present, will forever have my gratitude, and will always be considered as part of the Roux family.” He added: “And to you, our guests. Our success is all down to you. I would like to extend a personal thank you to every single person that has dined with us. Your support means everything to us.” As well as being part of the judging panel on MasterChef: The Professionals, Roux Jr has appeared as a guest chef on MasterChef Australia. He has also appeared on Ramsay’s show Hell’s Kitchen, and presented two series of Michel Roux’s French Country Cooking. Food critic and journalist Jay Rayner wrote: “Very few emails make my eyebrows genuinely raise. This one did. I totally understand the thinking but, boy that really is the end of something, allowing for the fact the name will live on.” Additional reporting by Press Association. Read More Britney Spears shares first statement after ‘shock’ Sam Asghari divorce: ‘I couldn’t take the pain anymore’ The best outdoor restaurants, terraces and rooftop bars in London to book now Tiffany Gomas: Woman in viral plane rant video shares tearful apology to fellow passengers The best outdoor restaurants, terraces and rooftop bars in London to book now What to know about eating raw oysters safely Michelle Obama had the same thing for breakfast each day ‘for most of her life’
2023-08-19 18:52

Paris Hiltons says ‘mama bear instincts’ came out after comments about son’s head
Paris Hilton has revealed why she didn’t hesitate to defend her 10-month-old son, Phoenix, from comments about his appearance. The 42-year-old actor spoke candidly about her tactics as a mother – days after announcing the surprise birth of her second baby, London, with husband Carter Reum – during a recent interview with People. Her comments come weeks after she first hit back at fan remarks and speculation about the size of Phoenix’s head. During her interview with People, published on 28 November, Hilton said that her “mama bear instincts” came out when she first addressed commentary about her son. She continued to explain why she defended her son, before noting that she was surprised by the criticism surrounding his appearance. “Usually, I wouldn’t even dignify anything like that with a response, but I was just heartbroken that there are such cruel people in the world,” Hilton explained. “I couldn’t believe that they could be mean and vicious about a little innocent baby.” She then sent a message to critics, stating that she “feels sorry” for anyone who would bully a child online. "They’re that miserable in their lives that they would go and speak about a child in such a way,” she said. The Paris In Love star also expressed her gratitude to people on social media who defended her son amid the commentary about his appearance. "It makes me feel so grateful knowing that there’s so many people in the world that love and support me,” she said. “Sticking up for me meant the world to me, and to have people looking out for Phoenix in that way, it meant a lot.” She continued to describe how moved she was by “messages from people saying how much they love Phoenix and how beautiful he is”. She also praised the fans who encouraged her to avoid listening “to trolls”. “That just meant a lot to me, to see how much love there is for me and my son,” Hilton continued. “So anyone reading this, thank you so much. I really, really appreciate everyone looking out for us.” In October, Hilton first hit back at the criticism on TikTok, after her Instagram photos of her son’s first trip to New York City went viral. In the comments of a TikTok video, which defended Hilton and her son, she wrote: “There are some sick people in this world. My angel is perfectly healthy.” The mogul added: “And yes, of course he has been to a doctor, he just has a large brain.” Last week, Hilton took to Instagram on Thanksgiving Day to announce the arrival of her second child with Reum: a baby girl. She revealed the news by posting a photo of a pink pyjama set with the name “London” inscribed on the Peter Pan collared top. “Thankful for my baby girl,” the DJ captioned the post. She also placed a pair of hot pink heart-shaped sunglasses and a brown, knitted toy bunny alongside the pyjama set. During an interview on Today, which aired on 27 November, Hilton spoke candidly about becoming a parent of two with her husband. “She is just a little angel and my life just feels so complete with my little baby boy and my baby girl,” Hilton said. “We’re just over the moon.” When asked how her journey to motherhood compares to previous chapters of her life, the reality TV star candidly admitted: “I’m loving my mom era. I feel just so at peace, so happy, so grateful for my husband and this beautiful family and life that we’re building together.” Read More Paris Hilton opens up about welcoming ‘angel’ baby London: ‘I’m loving my mom era’ Paris Hilton announces surprise birth and name of second child Paris Hilton’s husband reveals why she wanted to keep their son’s birth secret Paris Hilton makes grand entrance into F1 party but ‘no one’ is there to watch Rosalynn Carter remembered for her mental health advocacy at poignant tribute service Smelling a mince pie could kill me, says woman allergic to Christmas
2023-11-29 06:22

Woman rescued from mountain after trying to find scared pet parrot
Mountain rescuers came to the aid of a woman and her pet parrot in the United Kingdom this week after she became stranded trying to find one of her feathered friends, who was scared off by a peregrine falcon.
2023-07-26 19:26

‘It’s not the doom and gloom you might think’: Jonnie Irwin details experience with palliative hospice care
Jonnie Irwin has spoken out about his “really good” experience with palliative care in a hospice, amid his journey with terminal cancer. The A Place In The Sun presenter, 49, appeared on BBC Morning Live on Monday (24 July) and gave viewers an update on his current health and treatment. Reassuring hosts Gethin Jones and Helen Skelton that his family is doing “great and very noisy”, Irwin was asked about his experience with palliative care, which focuses on improving the quality of life for anyone facing a life-threatening condition. Irwin said that he has been in palliative care since the day he received his terminal cancer diagnosis. He was first diagnosed with lung cancer in August 2020, but only publicly shared the news in November 2022 after it spread to his brain. He described his hospice experience as a “delight”, adding that his initial perception of such facilities were that they were “very much a boiling hot room full of people who looked frail and towards the end of their days”. However, it was “nothing of the sort” when he did actually go in. “It’s spacious, energised, comfortable,” Irwin told the show, adding: “I’ve had a really, really good experience at my hospice.” He urged anyone who is facing a terminal diagnosis to “embrace” end-of-life care and to try going to a hospice if they have been offered the choice. “My first experience of palliative care and hospice was blood transfusions,” he explained. “I had my first blood transfusion in hospital and then was invited to use the hospice, so I have it a go as a day patient and went into a lovely room. “I implore people to check out hospices. If you’ve got the choice of using it, then use it… I encourage people to explore that option because it’s not the doom and gloom operation you might think it was.” In June, Irwin made a rare red carpet appearance at the Television and Radio Industries Club (TRIC) Awards and said he is taking “every day as a gift as it comes”. When he first revealed his terminal cancer diagnosis, the Escape To The Country host said he “doesn’t know how long” he has left to live, but hopes he will inspire people to “make the most of every day”. He also celebrated his “best ever” Father’s Day last month with his three sons, Rex, four, and twins Rafa and Cormac, three, with wife Jessica Holmes. Irwin recently revealed that sometimes he has to “remove himself” from his family home to go to a hospice when he is in a lot of pain because it makes him “not good to be around”. He told Hello! magazine: “I’m like a bear with a sore head and I don’t want [my family] to be around that.” In another appearance with podcast OneChat previously, he said that being in pain affects his mood, explaining: “I have been close to death’s door, twice at least. You lose your memory, you lose your patience. I have got a very short temper. It’s not made me a better person, that’s for sure.” Read More Ruth Handler: The Barbie inventor who revolutionalised prosthetic breasts and narrowly avoided prison Fans defend Prince Harry and Meghan Markle amid breakup rumours Tim Shaddock rescue: Ben Fogle offers to pay for Australian sailor and dog to be reunited after emotional separation Carol Vorderman shares warning to sunbathers after skin cancer scare This is how often you should actually change your razor Are we working out too hard?
2023-07-24 17:22

Modi Weighs Continuing Free Grains Program Into Polls
Coming soon: Sign up for the India Edition newsletter by Menaka Doshi – an insider's guide to the
2023-08-28 17:46

7 iPhone 15 Rumors That Were Dead Wrong
Apple announced its iPhone 15 lineup this week with some significant upgrades, the biggest and
2023-09-14 04:53
You Might Like...

Liverpool gets by with a little help from The Beatles

Glowforge Aura Review

Washington says goodbye to pandas amid bitter US-China backdrop

Drugmakers agree to US govt price talks amid pushback

Yes, Dogs Can Get Sunburned—Here's How to Protect Them

'Don't spend a fortune on skincare, it's silly!', warns TV star Anthea Turner

Qantas Illegally Targeted Safety Worker Who Warned of Covid Risk

Lewis Hamilton hoped for more from Mercedes updates in Monaco