
UKG Transforms Multi-country Payroll with Agreement to Acquire Immedis from CluneTech
LOWELL, Mass. & WESTON, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jun 6, 2023--
2023-06-06 23:45

Max Verstappen fastest for Belgian GP despite X-rated row with race engineer
Max Verstappen took pole position for the Belgian Grand Prix despite an X-rated radio row with his race engineer. Verstappen was embroiled in a squabble with Gianpiero Lambiase after he only just made it through to Q3 during a wet-dry session at Spa-Francorchamps. But the championship leader regained his composure at the business end of qualifying to demolish the opposition, finishing eight tenths clear of Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc with Sergio Perez third in the other Red Bull. Lewis Hamilton qualified fourth. However, Verstappen will only start Sunday’s race from sixth position as he serves a five-place grid drop for exceeding his gearbox allocation. Verstappen made it into the final phase by the skin of his teeth in 10th place and then vented his anger at his long-serving engineer. Verstappen accused his team of “s*** execution”, claiming he should have pushed harder on an earlier lap after the field switched from wet to dry rubber. “I don’t give a f*** that we are P10, mate”, he yelled over the radio. Lambiase snapped back: “OK, and then when the track was two seconds quicker for your final lap and you didn’t have any energy left, how would that have gone down?” A surly Lambiase added: “But you tell me what you want to do in Q3 and we’ll do it. Tyre sets, fuel, run plan.” But after taking pole, Verstappen, 110 points clear at the standings and on a run of seven-consecutive wins in his all-conquering Red Bull machine, said over the radio: “Sorry to GP for being such on the rant.” Lambiase replied: “Slowly getting used to it, Max.” Hamilton secured pole a week ago in Hungary, but he is facing an investigation from the stewards after he ran off the circuit at Eau Rouge before re-joining in front of team-mate George Russell in Q2. Russell was forced to slow down to avoid making contact with the sister Mercedes. Race control noted the incident before confirming they would investigate. It was an underwhelming afternoon for the Silver Arrows with Hamilton nine tenths slower than Verstappen, and Russell ever further back in eighth, 0.8sec adrift of his team-mate. Lando Norris finished seventh, a spot behind Oscar Piastri in the other McLaren. Daniel Ricciardo qualified a commendable 13th on his return a week ago, but the Australia will line up from the penultimate spot on the grid on Sunday. Ricciardo temporarily hauled his AlphaTauri through to Q2 only to see his lap time deleted for exceeding track limits. “F***, I am sorry,” said Ricciardo when informed of the bad news. “I just lost it through Turn 3. I am sorry.” Read More Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live How Max Verstappen and record-breaking Red Bull compare to Formula One greats I held my breath – Lewis Hamilton enjoys ‘extraordinary’ run to pole in Budapest Max Verstappen gives hope to rivals after coming 11th in Hungarian GP practice
2023-07-29 01:17

The Best Pre-Prime Day Laptop Deals
We're overdue for a major shopping holiday, and if the past is any indication, the
2023-06-16 04:59

The Bachelor’s Jade Roper offers support to women going through miscarriage as she loses baby at five months
Jade Roper Tolbert has shared an emotional message on social media after suffering from a “missed” miscarriage earlier this month. The 36-year-old, who was a contestant on season 19 of The Bachelor, recently revealed on Instagram that she was just five months pregnant when she lost her baby boy due to a miscarriage. Jade and her husband Tanner Tolbert - who she met on the reality dating show’s spinoff Bachelor in Paradise - had decided to name the baby Beau. In an Instagram post shared on 29 August, Jade was pictured laying in a hospital bed in a gown, as she looked teary-eyed at the camera. “Well, here we are,” she began the caption. “I didn’t want or expect it to go this way, but it is. I so badly wanted to bury him under a beautiful tree in our yard, to see any glimpse of his tiny body, which is why I held out so long trying to trust my body. But, it is time to heal and get to the other side of this loss.” Jade continued by sharing a message of support for women who have also experienced a miscarriage, as she told her 1.3m Instagram followers: “I’ve been trying to protect my peace and respect my baby, so I’ve only been sharing bits and pieces here and there to hopefully maybe help someone else feel less alone going through this.” “I see you, I feel your pain, and I love you,” she added. “And to Beau, I carried your body for almost five months, your soul for a little less, but I carry you with me in my heart everywhere and for always.” On 13 August, Jade announced her miscarriage in another emotional Instagram post. The reality TV star explained that she was experiencing a “missed” miscarriage - in which the foetus has died, but the body has not expelled the pregnancy tissue. According to the Miscarriage Association, a missed or silent miscarriage can occur without the mother experiencing any symptoms, such as bleeding or pain. “I’ve been struggling what to write here as I’ve been navigating a miscarriage,” Jade captioned her post, which included a mirror selfie of her baby bump, hands resting on her pregnant belly, and a photo of an ultrasound. “It felt like all my dreams were coming true to welcome another baby into our lives, to love and to complete our family. While our hearts are completely broken and we have been dealing with the deep and complex grief of the loss, we have been blessed to be touched by his soul for his short amount of time. I am forever changed.” The mother of three shared that she hoped to experience her missed miscarriage “naturally” with the help of her doctor. “I’ve been carrying him with so much pride and cherish every moment still left with part of him, but it has also been equally as challenging and devastating,” she wrote. “So while I hold my belly here, our sweet baby’s body is resting in my womb as his soul soars. We love you with every piece of our hearts, baby Beau.” Days later, Jade revealed in an Instagram Q&A that she had not yet told her three children about her miscarriage. When asked by a fan if her six-year-old daughter, Emerson, and her sons - Brooks, four, and Reed, two - knew about the pregnancy loss, Jade replied: “They don’t.” "Still figuring out if we tell them soon or wait until they are a bit older," she added, before asking the Instagram follower for advice. In the Q&A posted to her Instagram Stories, the Bachelor in Paradise alum was also asked whether she will continue to try for baby number four. “Very up in the air,” she replied. “A big part of me wants to, but I’m just not sure right now.” Her husband, Tanner Tolbert was a contestant on season 11 of The Bachelorette, but was eliminated in week six. The couple met on season two of Bachelor in Paradise and were married in 2016, when their wedding was documented in season 20 of The Bachelor. Read More Former Bachelorette contestant Josh Seiter says he’s alive after death announcement And Just Like That fans denounce the show for not being ‘progressive’ enough in latest episode A Tennessee woman needed an abortion and couldn’t get help nearby. Then she went viral on TikTok ‘Boy moms’ called out for logic behind teaching their sons to cook Maya Jama and Stormzy: Can you make it work with an ex? 12 smart ways to save money on everyday back-to-school costs
2023-08-30 03:46

China Accused of Massive IP Theft, AI Hacking by Five Eyes Intelligence Alliance
China stands accused of stealing intellectual property and using artificial intelligence to hack and spy
2023-10-18 21:29

The Best Cell Phone Boosters for 2023
Cellular dead zones aren't just annoying, they're mission-critical—especially if you're working from home. If you
2023-09-06 02:21

Lewis Hamilton frustrated by Mercedes tactics in Japanese Grand Prix
Lewis Hamilton criticised Mercedes’ tactics and suggested he and George Russell needed to “work as a team” after on-track battles throughout the Japanese Grand Prix. The seven-time world champion finished fifth at Suzuka, two places ahead of Russell in a race where the pair scrapped repeatedly and aired frustration over the team radio. After an early coming together where Russell surged past Hamilton before swiftly losing the place again, the 38-year-old pushed his team-mate off track in a second scrap and they then disagreed over how to defend their places against Ferrari’s Carlos Sainz. Russell was struggling on his tyres having attempted a one-stop strategy, while others around him deployed a two-stop, and Hamilton urged his team to let him through. The 25-year-old resisted on the radio before being told “this is an instruction, George” and allowing Hamilton to pass. Hamilton was then told to stay within DRS range to help his team-mate defend against Sainz, as the Spaniard had done to thwart Russell a week ago in Singapore. “We should have swapped around earlier and I should have got as far ahead as possible to get the gap as big as we could to the Ferrari,” Hamilton said. “Because he (Russell) was trying to fight me he was damaging his tyres and I think it just made it all complicated. “The fact is we are not fighting each other in the team championship. As drivers it is not important where we are. “What is important is that one of us finishes ahead of the Ferrari and to keep the position. Today we really needed to work as a team.” We are not fighting each other in the team championship. As drivers it is not important where we are Lewis Hamilton Hamilton also disagreed with the team’s DRS strategy. “I don’t think that was a good idea at all,” he said. “When they suggested it to me I knew that they obviously thought of it from the last race but it made no sense. “I needed to get as far clear as possible. I was on my way, around two seconds ahead and they asked me to give George DRS and I had to come off the gas down the straight. “Then he got overtaken by Sainz. He then got past George and he was right on my tail which was not ideal.” Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff was absent for this race due to knee surgery, with his role divided among numerous other staff while the Austrian was on the intercom. The team’s lead to Ferrari was cut in the battle for second in the constructors’ championship – which Red Bull clinched at Suzuka with a record six races remaining. Max Verstappen stormed to victory, with McLaren pair Lando Norris and Oscar Piastri on the podium ahead of Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc. Russell, who lost sixth to Sainz at the death, said he had no hard feelings over the battle with Hamilton. “The main goal is to finish P2 in the constructors’ championship,” Russell said. “The drivers’ championship is out of the window for me totally. Lewis is in a good place to fight for a good position. “The goal is to finish ahead of Ferrari this season and keep on working for next year. No issues on my side. “I viewed it as good, hard racing. Of course we lost a bit of overall time fighting each other. You are a bit frustrated on the radio but that is just part of racing. “We are not even going to discuss it, there is nothing to discuss. We have bigger fish to fry which is how do we make the car go quicker.” Read More Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live Max Verstappen pips Oscar Piastri to pole after tense qualifying for Japanese GP Lando Norris narrows gap on Max Verstappen at final practice in Japan Max Verstappen returns to form in Japanese Grand Prix practice
2023-09-24 16:46

Lewis Hamilton hoped for more from Mercedes updates in Monaco
Lewis Hamilton had hoped his revamped Mercedes would have propelled him closer to the front after he finished sixth in practice for Sunday’s Monaco Grand Prix. Hamilton’s Mercedes team arrived for the sixth round of the season in the sun-cooked principality armed with a major upgrade. But after an encouraging start – with Hamilton briefly heading the order in the opening running of the weekend – the British driver ended the day half-a-second behind Max Verstappen, who finished fastest for Red Bull. George Russell was only 12th in the other Mercedes. “It is a shame we were not as close as I hoped we would be at the end of the session,” said Hamilton. “In P1, I thought, ‘Wow, maybe we’re looking pretty good’, but in P2 we were close to half-a-second off. I don’t think we have half a second in the bag. “We’ve just got to keep chipping away to see if we can squeeze any more juice out of the cup.” After giving up on this season’s car on the eve of the opening race in Bahrain, Mercedes have spent the ensuing dozen weeks working on a new design philosophy. The Silver Arrows have abandoned their controversial zero-sidepod concept and introduced a new front suspension, new floor and cooling system in a drastic change of development on a car which has contributed to the longest losing streak of Hamilton’s career. On Sunday, it will be 539 days since Hamilton last stood on the top step of the podium at the penultimate round of the contentious 2021 season in Saudi Arabia. And although Mercedes are keen not to draw too many conclusions at this week’s unique Monte Carlo configuration – and believe the following round at the well-trodden Circuit de Catalunya venue on the outskirts of Barcelona will present them with a better understanding of where they stand – the evidence of practice suggests they are no closer to providing a real challenge to Red Bull. Hamilton added: “It’s not really the place to test an upgrade, but the car was generally feeling good. “It’s very clear where the lack of performance is, and we will talk about that in the debrief. Hopefully this gives us a platform to build on moving forwards.” Verstappen and team-mate Sergio Perez are the only men to have won a race this year, but their rapid Red Bull is not necessarily suited to the narrow and slow-speed track in Monaco. However, despite Perez managing only seventh in practice, Verstappen’s pace indicates he could still be the driver to beat. Home favourite Charles Leclerc is ready to pounce – after he finished just 0.065 seconds back – with his Ferrari team-mate Carlos Sainz, who crashed out of second practice remaining following a mistake at the high-speed swimming pool chicane, third. Fernando Alonso could be a contender, too. The Aston Martin driver, 41, took fourth spot, 0.220 sec adrift of Verstappen. Lando Norris finished fifth in his McLaren. Read More Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live Lewis Hamilton: Racist abuse of Vinicius Junior really hits home for me Bernie Ecclestone would be surprised if Lewis Hamilton wanted to leave Mercedes Lewis Hamilton insists right decision is made as Emilia Romagna GP cancelled
2023-05-27 01:58

Ryan Seacrest Named to Replace Pat Sajak on ‘Wheel of Fortune’
Ryan Seacrest signed a multiyear agreement with Sony Pictures Television to become the new host of Wheel of
2023-06-28 02:15

These night vision digital binoculars are on sale for under $100
TL;DR: As of May 14, the Mini Dual Tube Digital Night Vision Binoculars are on
2023-05-14 17:46

Sunak Escalates Elgin Marbles Row, Accusing Greek Premier of Bad Faith
UK Prime Minister Rishi Sunak blamed his Greek counterpart for their diplomatic spat and in comments that risk
2023-11-28 23:21

Man slammed for asking girlfriend to shave her armpits for a family event
A man has come under fire for asking his girlfriend to shave her armpit for a family event. In a post to Reddit's "Am I the A**hole?" forum, the guy explained the situation that led to the disagreement between the couple. "She shaves everything else, although she'll happily go kind of long between shaves, but her armpits she probably shaves once every two or three months for a special occasion if she really feels like it," he said. "I don't have an issue with this most of the time, although I'm not really used to this and would probably prefer she shaves, she's really clean and never smells bad or anything." He then went on to describe how his request for her to shave her armpits didn't go down well. "She got really offended and said that was really harsh of me and now she doesn’t even want to come. I don't think I'm being unreasonable asking her to shave," he said. Since sharing the post, the comment section was inundated with people sharing their opinions on the matter. Many believed the guy was in the wrong for making this request to his girlfriend. One person said: "YTA (you're the a**hole). She likes it, as she told you... and what's important is what SHE THINKS about her body (and body hair). Did she ask your opinion on if she should shave? No? Then she doesn't want it, so keep it to yourself." "Do you have hairy armpits? Why does she have to shave hers? Because she's a woman and you're a man? If you're allowed to have hairy armpits, so is she," another person wrote. Someone else added: "Humans have body hair naturally. That's the baseline for "NORMAL". It's NORMAL for her to have hairy armpits, and she can make a choice to remove it. "If your family find normal body hair offensive or weird, that's their problem, and you should feel free to tell them that." "YTA. She is entitled to bodily autonomy, and should not feel coerced into hair removal," a fourth person commented. "Your request was offensive because you basically told her you are ashamed of her for not conforming to an artificial standard of beauty." Though there were a few people fighting in the guy's corner. "NAH - no harm in asking; just let it go if she declines. If you find it unattractive, let her know, then let her go. Or not," one person wrote. Another person added: "NAH. You asked and she said no. You say she does shave for "special occasions," so she apparently doesn't mind shaving them sometimes, so I think it's a reasonable ask on your part. And you said she shaves "everything else." So doesn't mind shaving in general." Sign up to our free Indy100 weekly newsletter Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings.
2023-09-08 20:24
You Might Like...

Cricket World Cup Winners and Losers: Beyond the Games Week 3

Don’t be a BBQ bozo – these new cookbooks will help to get the grill going

Reddit CEO doubles down on API changes

Huge crowds swarm from Mecca for hajj climax

Kroger to divest over 400 stores in bid to close $25 billion Albertsons deal

'The Curse' trailer shows Nathan Fielder and Emma Stone as HGTV-style house flippers

The NFL Is Back! Here's How to Watch Every Big Game Without Cable

Hazardous 'forever chemicals' detected in nearly half of US tap water